Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Samantha's Doll

The "Porcelain" Samantha
For my birthday this year, my son and his wife wanted to know what I wanted...to be honest, I don't really know most of the time, and when I do, it's probably expensive...BUT, this year I knew exactly what I wanted from them (besides a Grandbaby) I wanted the pictures from their wedding on a disc. And wonderful kids that they are, that's exactly what I got!  I was perusing it today, and came across the doll I had created for Samantha. I copied her wedding dress as closely as possible in miniature and her hair. No doll will ever be quite as beautiful as she is, but I'm pretty proud of this one! 
The Real Samantha
Here she is with her bouquet sitting among the gifts..... You will notice she has long sleeves, this particular doll has 3/4 arms so you can't do short sleeves.

You can't see the bride without the groom!  
 
I don't do dolls like I did long ago, I miss teaching the classes, and sometimes I miss going to shows. I still do them for occasions like this and for specials orders.  In my room I have several dolls in various states of assemblage, I really should get them done!  I'm working on an Esmerelda Gypsy doll, I even have the fabric for her costume purchased.  I need more hours and less work!  
I'm thinking for Christmas....if I can pull it off, I may make a doll or two for gifts, just little ones. I don't think I can pull off a big production doll.  Now you've seen a side of me few get to see much anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Your doll is beautiful, but you;re right not as beautiful as the real Samantha. You really have a gorgeous daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete