Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Rubber Stamp Inspiration

I did tell you what started the whole candy box obsession didn't I?  I got the Season's Mini Catalog from Stampin'Up, opened it up and a beam of light shot from its pages and WAAAAA there was this most amazing stamp set.....Oh the marvelous creations that swam through my brain....I dreamed of the things I could do with it....I was in love....... Here my friends is my lovely, inspiring, amazing stamp set!!!
You can do all the holidays!!!! Oh the marvelous projects this little set brought to my mind, kept me awake even.  So I ordered it! 
With Stampin' Up's new acrylic style stamps; which are marvelous by the way; you just pop the image on the foam side and theoretically they will simply stick to the acrylic block.....well.....not always so I remedied this problem.....with THIS.....
Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over and a foam brush!  You just brush a nice coat on the image side not the rubber side, let it dry and there you have it, nice sticky stamps  that stick. Be sure and press the sticky side to the back of your hand a couple times. You do need to temper the tackiness.
(That sounds hilarious! Temper the Tackiness. Haahaa, I digress)
Just apply your stamp image side down to your acrylic block.....(I love Stampin'Up's acrylic blocks, they are a very good quality block that's easy to hold.)
Now stamp away!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts! I liked how you were so excited to make things from the idea of a stamp set. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing what can inspire us to do great things! Love your posts!!

    ReplyDelete