Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Peek into My Creative Process...and stuff like that...

I've been busy creating things for a local Vendor's Fair the first part of December which explains part of the reason I haven't posted any new and fabulous stuff I've learned. It's because when you're doing stuff to sell, you do dozens of the same type thing, over and over and over...
When I'm designing something, I will get it just about where I want it, then I send a picture to one or both of my daughters and ask for their opinion.  They are invaluable when it comes to good ideas and critiquing.  I'll show you a couple pictures of the same little gingerbread man that I'm making to go on a tiny candy box.....


 
The question was....googly eyes or button style eyes.....Chantelle liked both!  So....I'll do half and half....what do you think?


(I do have a crazy work surface....I doodle and test on a big piece of white paper, and work with a teflon mat so the adhesive doesn't stick to my table and lovely white paper.)



Then it was on to the little reindeer....I just wanted to know if she liked it.....
She did, but suggested I add something...sooo, I added a couple holly leaves and bling berries...see!
Then she says, "You should really put it on some pretty paper, not that plain white stuff!"  "Ummmm, I'm just taking  pictures here Chany, not finished."  I did put it on pretty holiday paper, and I'll show you when I get all my boxes done. 
Here's the other project I've been working on too......
My lovely and wonderful daughter in law Samantha had a sister who had a precious baby die about a year ago, and for this Christmas Samantha decided to make an album of her baby for her.  I've seen the baby pictures, and they are just beautiful.  To help her out, I've been making some embellishments and words using my Cricut.....here's what I sent to Chantelle for critiquing......I passed inspection!  Happy me!
Keep creating, and I'll pull some more intriguing things out of my Bag of Tricks soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment