Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Morning in The Life of Mi......Mimi

Every morning I have a little routine with the furry characters in my life. My little dog Alexander anxiously reminds me that we need to feed the Chickens, he hardly lets me get dressed and my morning rituals done before he's bouncing off the door and my legs...so it's off I go with a scrap bucket in hand.
First I feed my little pony......Esmerelda!  I love her, she makes little whickery noises and acts coy so I'll give her some oats.
The other day the geese came up and hissed and flapped their huge expanses of wings at her and tried to persuade her through intimidation to leave the hay so they could eat it.....Geese eat hay in the winter in case you didn't know.  Esmerelda was having none of that and a fight soon erupted! She backed up and wound up for an enormous kick, luckily the geese had moved. Such a squawking and flapping and hissing , kicking and bucking began, I just cowered in the hay barn behind my safe fence until she won!  The geese were incensed! But...today, they've made their peace...See!
Essy has her breakfast oats, Toulouse and Berliouse have their hay.  So on to the other chores.....
Anna always hangs out for some loves while I fill the water bucket for the chickens...
I'm trying to teach her not to jump on me........I'm trying....she's forgetting....but she's a sweetie anyway.
I'm  generally accompanied by one of our many cats, quite often Henry, he's the outdoorsman of the bunch.
Alexander is now about ready to explode and he gets right to work herding his chickens.
Alexander 

These are a few of the girls. 
And that's a morning in the life of Mi.....I love this life!

1 comment:

  1. After reading this I feel like I need a NAP! LOL
    You do have a crazy busy life! I'm glad I get to be apart of it! :O)

    ReplyDelete