Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tales of a Sewing Machine.....

As many of you know, I love to sew, especially for other people and especially for other people's dolls.  I got a request for some doll clothes for a birthday. I was so excited to get home and get to sewing.  I broke out the fabric stash and found just the right fabrics and cut them out. Then I pulled out my beloved sewing machine.  It has been acting strange lately, but it seemed ok. It turns itself off, and I know what it is, it's the plug for the power supply cord. But, it wasn't too annoying until last night. The sewing machine simply would not stay on!  You will laugh, but I even taped the cord down in just the right position but that gave out too.  Imagining myself a handyman I unscrewed the back panel and took it off. Hmmm......Greek to me! So after putting it back on, it wouldn't even pretend to come on.  Whoa is me....I LOVE my sewing machine. I bought it myself, I picked it out from the sewing machine store, it was the one that looked at me with big eyes and I was in love.
 Ok, so it doesn't have eyes, but I do love it.  Looks like it's making a trip to the Sewing Machine Doctor in Provo next week.  Thank goodness Jennifer is meeting us all in Vegas and can take it back.  In the meantime, I'm borrowing a machine to whip out a few little outfits.  I'll post pics when I'm finished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment