Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Beautiful Crafts from the Auto Parts Store! Really!

This week I'm going to make these cute little bracelets with the American Girl Doll Book Club. They are so cute and simple, and best of all......inexpensive!
I think I puzzle the men at our local auto/home supply store on a regular basis because I often go in to buy auto/hardware type things for crafting, not at all what they were made to do. Years ago I saw this wonderful clear plastic tubing on their shelves in the back and I've been trying to devise some way to play with it.  Well, this week I did!
To make these charming little bracelets, you will need about 8 inches of clear tubing with an inside diameter of 1/4 inch. This size is for little girls, to make a longer one, of course you'll need a bit more. You will most likely trim the 8" to fit the specific girl.
Also you will need to get some 3/8" inside diameter tubing. You'll only need  one inch per bracelet.
Gather up some tiny beads (ones that will fit in the bigger tube) and glitter if you want.
I used beads I had on hand in my stash.
Slide the little tube into one end of the big tube, like this...
Then fill the big tube with as many beads/glitter as you like.  I didn't use glitter because I didn't have the kind that would look good in it. I think larger glitter would be best.  Now.....fill the tube with water, leaving a bit empty so you get some movement. Be sure and block one end of the tube or you'll just send all the water out the other side. No, I didn't do that!  If you're not using glitter, I suppose you could skip the water, but water is so fun.
Slide the open end of the tube over the little tube as far as it will go and Voila'....A really cool bracelet.
The bracelets for all 12 girls cost less than $4!  How cool is that!
Get crafting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment