Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Trying my hand at interior decorating

So my oldest daughter has been living with me the past few months due to the economy's nasty habit of unemploying people. The Wind's of Luck blew in her direction and she now has 2 jobs, which means a place of her own....at last.  She found a really cute, quaint older flat for a ridiculously good price!  The manager said..."paint it, decorate it, do what you want as long as it makes it look better.
I've always wanted to paint an accent wall in a room....always, but my house doesn't work for such an wish.  I've spent the last 3 days, priming, painting and painting again... Wow!  Lots of work, but lots of fun and it looks sooooo good!!!  We did a lovely earthy brown on the living room wall and it matches her furniture so nicely. Then we painted a wall in her bedroom deep red....YUM!  She has this luscious bed set that matches the wall color.  And not to leave the kitchen out, we painted a wall in there red and the cupboard door centers red to match.  Now on to the other projects.  I ordered some cute  and sassy piggy print fabric in red for the kitchen and we're going to pick up some tab top curtains for the living room and something really sexy for the bedroom.  She's getting that for her birthday!  Since I have a Cricut, our next project is putting some sayings on her walls.....she just has to find her vinyl amongst all her packing boxes.  Now I need a rest, I really don't enjoy moving, I know, it's a great workout, and it will lower your blood sugar enough to let you eat pizza, but I'm ready to disappear to my crafting cave again so I can whip out some cool new things to show you.  Pictures of  this project are forthcoming, we just need to add the finishing touches.

1 comment:

  1. Is there anything you can't do? I'll bet it is so cute! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete