Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

What happens when I get obsessed!

I've been so obsessed with avoiding Hoarderhood that I've forgotten to post anything on my blog in WAY too long.  I have been mildly absorbed with getting rid of excess stuff and making my living space more liveable.  My room has been a source of embarrassment for longer than is mentally healthy, but no longer....Want a tour!  I've been making plans to do some cool decorating in my boudoir. Let me explain a bit so you understand....Like I said, I live in my Grandma and Grandpa's old house. My Grandpa (bless his heart) was a cowboy, and an amazing innovator and being such, some stuff in my house is beyond interesting. Take my bedroom for one. He wanted to have a master bathroom so he went about creating one.....kind of.  He had several small closets in the room so he simply modified them to accommodate bathroom accoutrements!  I have a wonderful walk in shower right behind my bedroom door. And in the back of my bedroom in a very narrow former closet, I have what I refer to as my water closet.....A toilet and a generous towel cupboard!  But the thing that probably is strangest is the bathroom sink on one of the walls of my bedroom.   I guess he ran out of spare closets.  I loathe the sink and vanity, they are UGLY!!! But, genius struck and I know what I'm going to do.  I was given an antique cabinet thing which I'm going to turn into my vanity complete with an artful bowl sink and faucet.  I may have to live like I'm in a motel, but it will be a stylish motel! 
Tomorrow I'm off to crop 'til I drop with my fab group of friends, that should inspire some creativity for sure. Look for some interesting things from my bag of tricks next week.
I'll leave you with a cute picture of my furry baby....Alexander......
Peeking over the kitchen table hoping I'll toss him a treat!Yes, He's spoiled!

3 comments:

  1. Soooo..... Can we see pictures of this interesting room of yours? I think it sounds neat but would LOVE a visual! Oh, Come on Mimi.... it can't be that bad and if so... Who cares... I would love to see this uniquely cool bedroom of yours! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll charge up the camera battery and take a few pics so you can see what I'm up against in my quest for beauty! Trust me, it's a work in progress! But, I have the fabric for the curtains coming down with my daughter's roommate.

    ReplyDelete