Welcome to My Bag of Tricks

This is a blog to share the things I discover, create and love. I have a passion for creating interesting things, and an equal passion for sharing how it's done! Join me on my journey, and watch what I'll pull out of my bag of tricks!

Monday, January 30, 2012

A Tour of My Unusual Bedroom.....

As promised, I am going to let you take a peek at my really strange bedroom.  It's a work in progress, so don't judge!  Here is what you'd see if you were standing in the door.....
It has a little entry hall thing going on. 
To the left there is the door, behind which is the shower....
I kind of closed the door so you can see it.
You'll see the hinge for my husband's closet. His closet doesn't go all the way to the ground, don't ask me why, the person who built it is no longer here to ask.  Hmmm, wonder if we could tear out the wall and make it a full closet?  Hmmmmm
If you were to hang a hard right after the door, this is what is there. My closet and TV. The pile of clothes belongs to my husband...we won't got there. The stack in the back is a filing cabinet with my family pictures and records, and my husband's pile of empty boxes for stuff we own. I'm thinking they will be going to the basement to live.....very, very soon. I'm standing beside my bed to take this picture.
Now, I'll show you what I have been dealing with for a sink and vanity...DO NOT laugh!  Well laugh, I do..
You can see where the water closet is to the right. Isn't that sink hideous! And I'm using this Ikea like shelving for my bathroom/grooming stuff. It is very annoying to say the least. I can't wait to put in my new set up.

Here's a shot of the infamous "Water Closet"!  It had carpet in it, but I think bathroom carpet is disgusting so I pulled it out and found ancient linoleum...the real thing, not vinyl, linoleum!  It is kind of pretty, but in bad shape.
this has a little accordion fold door on it.
 


 If you were sitting on the edge of my bed, this is what you would see.  My roll top desk which is covered with my 11 1/2" doll collection and a couple other dolls.  There are some built in shelve above it that hold pictures and little sweet things that people have given me.  I plan to put my treadmill beside this, where the clothes basket is now.  That way I can watch the tv while I walk. I hate walking outside in the winter, I have an aversion to falling on the ice we get in our driveway.
You'll notice the entire room is paneled in gray paneling, I would change it, but that would require money and time I'm not sure I'm willing to devote to doing drywall, plus, that sounds an awful lot like WORK!
But, I did purchase some beautiful fabric to make curtains...
I love florals and I love blue and blue looks good in my gray room.  I'll post pics when I get them made. That will probably be in the next few weeks. I have other projects on my schedule too.

Here's a diagram of my room so you can visualize it better.
I think the stairs to the basement may occupy the unknown space, the first set of stairs is behind my water closet.
Well the Louvre this ain't, but it was a tour none the less.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That truly is an interesting room! I think you should look into the "Unknown Space" to see exactly what you can use from it.... Cause if you can use some of it I can invision connecting those bathroom things together and you possibly having a master bath and even enlarging your bedroom for more space.... YES! I can see all of that with those plans! :o) I hope it all works out for ya MiMi... I'd like to see you happy in your space! :o) Thanks for sharing it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah, get us all out there and we could come up with something together! I see possibilities!

    ReplyDelete